We tried several wood sealers but found that they didn’t hold up over time, so after lots of research, we settled on Preservation Solutions’ Log & Beam Treatment.
It’s specially formulated to slow the drying of logs, beams, and timbers, and can be used on hand-hewn, milled, and hand peeled logs and timbers.
Wood can be treated and dried outside or inside. Great for use on logs, stumps, sluiceways, columns, railings, stairs, etc.
• Can be used on green (wet) or dry wood
• Will not darken the wood
• Enhances the natural color and grain of the wood
• Does not form a film
• Will penetrate deep into the wood
• Water-based or oil-based stains and dyes can be added to Log & Beam Treatment or applied after using Log & Beam Treatment
• Contains a UV protectant
• Non-toxic and non-hazardous
• The Log & Beam Treatment is easy to apply and cleans up with soap and water.
• Environmentally friendly
• Can be sprayed on all wood using an inexpensive garden pump sprayer
Approximate coverage 200 sq. ft./gal
We recommend treating all Natural Playground wood elements at least twice, but preferably three times each year (spring, summer, and fall), especially in harsh climates.